|I'm sad. Paint me Handy Mandy!|
The uprights I painted purple, I stained the exposed wood with a light color for a nice contrast, and replaced the hideous shelf paper with something a little more girly.
|Pretty wood grain!|
Then I took a canning lid, and VERY CAREFULLY sanded the entire thing going in one direction the whole time. This was to get the words that were printed off the top, and even up the surface afterwards. It also makes it ever so slightly more shiny. I drilled a hole in the middle of the lid and the drawer, and applied my newly acquired hardware. (I got my hardware at Bart's Barn, my favorite store!)